WALLDORF, Germany, July 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that leading companies across the globe are fast-tracking digitalizing procurement and external workforce management with SAP® Ariba® and SAP Fieldglass® solutions to help ensure business continuity, increase efficiency, mitigate risk and contain costs during this time of economic uncertainty.
More Than 70 New Customers, 245 Renewals and 290 Go-Lives
In second quarter of 2020, more than 70 new customers selected solutions for procurement and external workforce management from SAP. These include Carrefour and NEC, as well as the following:
- Indelpro, one of the largest polypropylene resin manufacturers in Mexico, continues to execute on its digitalization strategy by choosing SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass solutions to help strengthen the management of its supply chain and specialized external workforce to streamline production processes.
- Fermaca, a Mexican natural gas transport company, continues to innovate its digital strategy with SAP. To manage expenses, the company selected SAP Ariba solutions to help strengthen its procurement and contract management processes, enabling efficiencies and savings and swift response to regulatory compliance.
- MOL Plc, a leading petroleum company in Hungary, has chosen SAP Ariba solutions as its enterprise-wide purchasing platform to fuel higher visibility and significant cost savings.
Additionally, more than 160 existing SAP customers licensed additional SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass capabilities. Hundreds more during the second quarter finished implementing SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass solutions. Those customers include the following:
- ABB Group, a leader in industrial technology products serving customers in utilities, transport and infrastructure based in Switzerland, replaced legacy solutions with SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing to harmonize group-level sourcing, contracting and supplier information management for direct and indirect materials.
- BRK Ambiental, one of the largest private sanitation companies in Brazil, is now running on SAP software, including SAP S/4HANA®, SAP Ariba, SAP Concur® and SAP SuccessFactors® solutions. The company's system went live despite COVID-19 challenges, and its operations are now entirely digital. Multiple public concession operations were consolidated into one integrated structure, reducing costs and improving transaction synergies.
- ITP Aero, one of the world's largest makers of aeronautical engines and components, based in Spain, digitalized its procurement with SAP Ariba solutions to enhance transparency, traceability and accuracy in operations across its highly complex, international supply chain. Its new standardized and streamlined supply chain operations will support the company's design, manufacturing, assemblage and service of civil and defense aircraft engines.
- ZKW Group GmbH, an Austrian producer of lighting systems and electronics for the automotive industry, implemented partner editions of the SAP Ariba Buying and SAP Ariba Commerce Automation solutions, part of the SAP Ariba Snap program, to help increase visibility and control over spend, enhance collaboration with suppliers and standardize its source-to-contract process.
"Visibility and agility could not be more important during these uncertain times, and procurement leaders are center stage for making them happen," SAP Procurement Solutions President Chris Haydon said. "As a result, we are seeing many companies accelerate digitalization projects to balance getting the supplies, materials and external talent resources needed to adapt quickly and meet customer demand no matter what comes next."
Customer success is also attributed to SAP's robust ecosystem of global system integrators, implementation partners and resellers. Partners such as Accenture, Deloitte, IBM and SouthEnd S.A. led 58 percent of successful SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass solution implementations in the second quarter. SAP continues to focus on developing partners' expertise and capacity through programs to increase the number of certified consultants (currently at 45 percent annual growth).
SAP's strategy is to help every business run as an intelligent enterprise. As the market leader in enterprise application software, we help companies of all sizes and in all industries run at their best: 77 percent of the world's transaction revenue touches an SAP system. Our machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT) and advanced analytics technologies help turn customers' businesses into intelligent enterprises. SAP helps give people and organizations deep business insight and fosters collaboration that helps them stay ahead of their competition. We simplify technology for companies so they can consume our software the way they want – without disruption. Our end-to-end suite of applications and services enables business and public customers across 25 industries globally to operate profitably, adapt continuously and make a difference. With a global network of customers, partners, employees and thought leaders, SAP helps the world run better and improve people's lives. For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2020 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx#trademark for additional trademark information and notices.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/leading-companies-accelerate-digitalization-of-procurement-and-external-workforce-management-with-sap-solutions-301101901.html
SOURCE SAP SE