Enables Multi-Document Content Search and Summarization Powered by Box AI
Announces Beta for Box AI Capabilities in November
Box, Inc. (NYSE:BOX), the leading Content Cloud, today unveiled Box Hubs to make it easier than ever to securely curate and publish content across the enterprise. Box Hubs will deeply integrate with Box AI so customers will be able to find answers to critical questions in seconds, automatically summarize vast amounts of information, and effortlessly create new content – all based on the documents users organize in a Hub.
“Companies are facing unprecedented challenges when it comes to organizing and making sense of vast amounts of content,” said Aaron Levie, Co-founder and CEO of Box. “Keeping teams on the same page; giving people the latest data; putting the right information in the right partner’s hands – are all essential to how organizations run. With Box Hubs and Box AI, we’re making content in Box infinitely more useful and valuable. From sales enablement and HR policies, to brand libraries and product development teams, Box Hubs will transform how we collect, manage, and publish content.”
According to IDC, approximately 90 percent* of data generated by organizations today is unstructured. This data includes all the content flowing through an enterprise, including spreadsheets, videos, documents, and more, and contains an organization’s most important information.
“As the amount of unstructured data continues to increase, organizations can no longer overlook the challenges created when the content is sprawled across silos and applications,” said Wayne Kurtzman, Research Vice President of Collaboration and Communities, IDC. “In addition to mitigating security and compliance risks, new ways of leveraging content drive better ways of finding needed content, create new insights, and become a strategic advantage. Box Hubs has the potential to transform how enterprises organize their information and drive workflows.”
Effortlessly Create Intelligent Content Portals with Box Hubs
With the volume of information being generated and shared across global organizations increasing exponentially, it’s critical for enterprises to have scalable and secure tools for curating and publishing content, without requiring IT resources or demanding hours of training for users. With Box Hubs, users will be able to:
- Create a Hub in minutes, without the help of IT or an Admin, by simply selecting the desired files and publishing it with a few clicks, no code required;
- Customize Hubs by adding header images and icons, descriptive information, and an intuitive content layout;
- Effortlessly add existing content in Box to a Hub – organizing it into easy-to-read content playlists, and publishing it without needing to move or copy the files from their current folders;
- Trust that all content published in a Hub will always retain Box’s enterprise-grade security, governance, and compliance capabilities, so that content is only ever available to its intended audience;
- Access all available Hubs via the new Box Hubs gallery, to seamlessly find desired content and eliminate the need to search through numerous folders;
- Leverage robust search functionality within specific Hubs so they can find the information they need faster;
- View built-in insights at the Hub and file-level to better understand the trends behind how their content is performing and how their audience is engaging with their Hubs.
In addition to these core features, Box Hubs with Box AI will enable users to leverage powerful generative AI capabilities to unlock the value of vast amounts of data stored within their organization. Customers will be able to ask questions across all of the content curated in a Hub to extract key information, summarize complex concepts, and compare specific files. Additionally, users will be able to generate new content based on information in a Hub, to ensure that creating new, relevant content is easy and seamless.
Box Hubs will deliver a simple way for enterprises to securely curate, organize, and distribute content for every department and team, including:
- HR teams will be able to publish a Hub with the company handbook, 401K plans, updated diversity and inclusion resources, and more, so that all employees can easily find information and stay up-to-date on company policies;
- Sales enablement teams will be able to organize a Hub with the corporate pitch, buyer personas, and discovery questions, so that the sales team can engage with more buyers and grow revenue;
- Brand teams will be able to create a Hub with ready-made templates, images, and logos to keep employees and agencies aligned while strengthening the company’s overall brand recognition;
- Marketing teams will be able to curate a Hub with objectives, goals, positioning statements, and competitive analyses, allowing hybrid teams to work seamlessly while measuring ROI on marketing initiatives;
- Product teams will be able to build a department Hub with the product roadmap, org charts, and quarterly planning processes to enable products to be delivered to customers on-time.
Box AI to Enter Beta
Earlier this year, Box introduced Box AI, a new suite of capabilities that will natively integrate advanced AI models into the Box Content Cloud, bringing Box’s enterprise-grade standards for security, compliance, and privacy to this breakthrough technology.
The first two Box AI capabilities, which embed technology from OpenAI to enable users to create content in Box Notes and to ask questions of specific documents when you’re previewing them in Box, will begin rolling out to Box Enterprise Plus plan users in beta this November. Initially, users will have access to 20 queries per month, with 2,000 additional queries available on a company level. Over time, additional queries will be available for purchase for larger scale use cases.
Box Hubs Pricing and Availability
Box Hubs will be available to all Box users on Enterprise plans and above. Box Hubs with Box AI will be included in the Enterprise Plus plan. Both versions of Box Hubs will be available in beta next year.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding Box Hubs and Box AI, their planned product introduction and product features, and the market adoption and benefits of such product introduction and features. There are a significant number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made in this press release, including: (1) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (2) Box’s ability to partner with third parties to integrate AI technologies with the Box Content Cloud; (3) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (4) the risk that Box’s customers do not renew their subscriptions, expand their use of Box’s services, or adopt new products offered by Box on a timely basis, or at all; (5) Box’s ability to provide timely and successful product introductions, enhancements, new features and modifications to its platform and services; and (6) actual or perceived security vulnerabilities in Box AI or other Box services or any breaches of Box’s security controls. Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Box products should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Additional information on potential factors that could affect Box’s financial results is included in the reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings Box makes with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time. These documents are available on the SEC Filings section of Box’s Investor Relations website located at www.box.com/investors. Box does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking statements contained in this press release to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made.
Box (NYSE:BOX) is the leading Content Cloud, a single platform that empowers organizations to manage the entire content lifecycle, work securely from anywhere, and integrate across best-of-breed apps. Founded in 2005, Box simplifies work for leading global organizations, including AstraZeneca, JLL, Morgan Stanley, and Nationwide. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe, and Asia. Visit box.com to learn more. And visit box.org to learn more about how Box empowers nonprofits to fulfill their missions.
*Source: IDC White Paper, Sponsored by Box, “Untapped Value: What Every Executive Needs to Know About Unstructured Data,” Doc. US51128223, August 2023
Box announces Hubs to revolutionize content publishing in the enterprise